Today was one of those days when I got home from work and just felt like making something new. I was not feeling a leafy green salad and I had my leftover veggie soup for lunch. Staying away from carbs and rice… I decided on this wonderful refreshing lentil salad! It’s one of those everything but your kitchen soup kind of salads… I hope you love it as much as I do!
Refreshing Orange Lentil Salad
Adapted from Sun Life Financial’s Recipes for a Healthier Life Calendar
- 1 big tomato
- 1 orange
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tbsp chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
1) To get started, dice the tomato, peel and cut the orange into segments, and coarsely chop the green onion.
2) In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, oranges, lentils, green onion, and cranberries. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Top with slivered almonds.
Once the flavors have time to mix and mingle in the fridge overnight this salad is going to be the bomb. The orange is so different that it is very unexpected.