Honestly, how much cookie dough do you snack on while your making cookies? If you are anything like me, it’s usually one spoon full too many. Vegan cookie dough is great because there is no raw eggs – so snack away!! These no bake cookie dough bites are going to be a yummy treat for my friend’s birthday this weekend. Since being vegan, I have been making sweets and other baked good for my friends every time I see them. Personally, I prefer vegan treats over the animal product sweets but I may be biased… I’ll let you know how the crowd likes the cookie dough bites!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Recipe adapted from Vegan Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cup GF all purpose flour (or any other flour you have handy)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 12 oz chocolate
1) In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and water. Beat for 30 seconds, scrapping sides of bowl as you mix. Add flour & gum and beat until mixed well. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1-inch balls. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. While balls freeze, melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave for approximately 45 seconds. Be careful not to over cook chocolate – it burns easily. Let the chocolate cool to room temperature.
3) Remove balls from freezer and roll in melted chocolate. Roll each ball around in the chocolate and remove with two forks. Place on baking sheet or plate and sprinkle with sprinkles (if desired). Repeat with remaining balls. Keep balls in fridge until ready to serve.
Here’s a half eaten doh’ bite … I ran out of chocolate so it’s a tad naked… enjoy :)