There’s nothing better than a big bowl of soup on a rainy day. I’ve had to go outside twice now to bring Cooper out and have gotten soaked both times (forgot my rain boots). You’d think I would’ve learned my lesson the first time. Oops.
Here’s a tasty vegetable soup that I’ve been snacking on all day. I don’t think there will be any left for dinner…
Quinoa Veggie Soup
Makes 3-4 servings (depending on how hungry you are)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 big carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 box (900 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- Salt and pepper
1) In a large pot, heat olive oil on high heat. Add diced onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and celery. Heat for another 2-3 minutes.
2) Add cauliflower, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, water, all spice, curry powder, cilantro, and quinoa. Season with salt and pepper to your preference. Put lid on pot and heat for 30-40 minutes on medium-low heat. Stir every 5-10 minutes.
Coopy doesn’t want to go outside either…