13 days people! That’s right, we have 13 days left to make as many cookies as possible.. mouahah! My freezer is packed with delicious frozen cookies. I’m not going to lie, I’ve had a few bad batches. I attempted a chocolate ginger cookie that just hated me. No matter how I changed the recipe it just kept crumbling or would taste grainy. I’ve left that recipe for now and moved on to this WONDERFUL Peanut Butter Pretzel cookie recipe. The cookies turned out great and they baked very evenly. This recipe isn’t the healthiest in the bunch (butter and sugar anyone?) but c’mon… it’s Christmas!!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies
(Adapted from Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose GF flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance (vegan butter)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp hot water)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup chopped GF pretzels
1) Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2) Mix flax egg and set aside.
3) Whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Add the flax egg, almond milk, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the pretzels and chocolate chips.
5) Drop the dough by heaping spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 11 minutes, until cookies are slightly brown on the edges. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to wire rack.