Cherry and coconut together for an amazing post work out treat!
A few ingredients in this recipe may be new to some people or you may not have the ingredients in your pantry – no problem!
Almonds and cashews – if you have other nuts stocked then go ahead and use them! Only have roasted almonds? Use them, I’m sure the balls will turn out amazing.
Medjool Dates – You can find medjool dates in the grocery store where the nuts and dried food are stocked. These dates are soo sweet and they make a great sweet fix when a sugar craving comes on. Make sure you take out the pit (just squeeze the date and it will pop out). The dates act as a sweetener and a binder in this recipe so if you don’t have them, you’ll have to use another binder like peanut butter (I’d use 4 tbsp if you omit the dates).
Cherry Jelly – The cherry jelly is obviously the ‘cherry’ part of this recipe but you can also use raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry jelly if you have it. Yummm coconut blueberry chip balls would be delicious.
Don’t have a food processor? Use a blender. No blender? Get the hammer out! Kidding.. sort of.
Coconut Cherry Chip Balls
Makes 10-12 balls
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (plus additional 1/4 cup for rolling)
- 3/4 cup natural almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces
- 4 medjool dates – pitted
- 2 tbsp cherry jelly (or jam)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp mini vegan chocolate chips
1) Add coconut, almonds, and cashews to a food processor. Process for 30 seconds. Don’t process into a flour.
2) Add dates, cherry jelly, and coconut oil. Process for 30 seconds.
3) Add chocolate chips and process for 10 seconds or until just combined.
4) In a small bowl, add about 1/4 cup of coconut flakes.
5) Roll mixture into rounded tablespoon and then roll in coconut flakes. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
I like to keep mine in the freezer but you can also keep them in the fridge.