I have seriously been lacking in my posts the last few weeks. I apologize. With the move, work, and travelling, we have been going non-stop! This past weekend we were in Kingston to get our engagement pictures done (yes..9 months after the engagement). We thought it was going to be a cold rainy day but the sun came shining through for us!
Contrary to what Grant might tell you, the pictures were so much fun! We laughed the whole time and the pictures really captured that. Grant couldn’t keep a straight face when we had to stare dreamingly into eachothers eyes or hug in the middle of the street while cars were coming.. but it was well worth it! We are so so SO happy with our pictures and can’t wait for more wedding festivities in the next year.
On to the food. Today’s salad is super easy and super delicious. You can whip it up in the morning and have all the contents ready for when you get home from work for a quick dinner. I had mine warm (as the title indicates) but it would be good cold too. The peaches in the salad are what make it so delicious (don’t omit them!). The dressing is refreshing and citrusy and creates a tropical flavour when paired with the coconut oil and coconut flakes. Can you tell I’m dreaming about warm weather and all the delicious food that comes with it?
Warm Peach Coconut Asparagus Salad
- 3/4 cup frozen peach slices
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 7 asparagus, ends cut off and diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 tbsp shelled natural pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp orange juice
- salt and pepper
1) In a medium frying pan on medium-low heat add coconut oil. Once hot, add asparagus and frozen peaches. Heat for about 5 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp and peaches are thawed.
**If using fresh peach slices, only add for the last minute of cooking time.
2) In a large bowl, add baby spinach. Top with cooked asparagus, peaches, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes.
3) In a seperate small bowl, combine coconut oil, lemon juice, orange juice and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
4) Toss salad and serve.