I’ve seen a TON of recipes online lately for brownies and salad. Every blog I follow has posted one or the other in the past week. We’re not talking your average brownie or salad either. I’ve come across brownie recipes I haven’t even dreamed about before and salads that look so good they can’t be healthy (but they are!!). I’ve come to the conclusion that people are either drowning their gloomy weather sorrows with rich gooey chocolate brownies or eating their leafy green everything-but-the-kitchen-sink salads to get their summer bods ready. I’m kinda in the middle. I have my salad.. then eat a brownie for dessert. You too?
Check out some of the recipes I’m talking about…
How awesome do ALL of those recipes look? Butter popcorn brownies? Oh my. They are not all vegan but they can be easily adapted. I’m all about healthy eating, really, but sometimes a girl’s gotta have a brownie. New site: gottaeatabrownie..?
The recipe I am sharing today is so easy it will probably knock your socks off. It is also delicious and will probably enter your “easy summer dinners” rotation. You can throw it together and serve it right away or make it a few hours before you are ready to serve and let the flavours mingle.
It isn’t the prettiest salad out there, let’s be honest. But I went back for seconds and thirds…and then some. It would be a great side dish at a summer BBQ or piled on top of a veggie burger. Dig in!
A brownie recipe may follow…
Summer Asian Inspired Slaw
- 1 pkg coleslaw
- 1/2 cup raw cashew halves
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
1) In a large bowl add coleslaw and cashews. Dice avocado and add to bowl.
2) In a small bowl add soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut butter, vinegar, and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined.
3) Pour dressing over coleslaw mixture. Toss.
4) Serve immediately or place in a container with a lid in the fridge until ready to serve.