Hi guys! Wow.. I’ve had quite the week! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Work has taken up all my time this week… oh the life of politics. One minute we are busy busy, the next we are even busier.
I’m not going to get into it.. but…I have to say SOMETHING.
Mayor Rob Ford.
Hahaha. Ok I’m done.
To switch things up today I thought I’d share what I’ve been up to this week… in pictures. Yes, I am taking the lazy way to fill you in.
At least it is something right?
1) Last night when I got home from a 11 hour day at work.. I wanted chocolate. Lots of chocolate. I had half a can of beets in the fridge so I thought, why not make some beet cupcakes? Totally normal thing to do. I made Minimalist Baker’s Fudgy Beet Cupcakes, but instead of sprinkling them with cocoa I squeezed some orange juice on top and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Delish.
2) This will go down as one of my favourite brunch meals of all time. Seriously.. so good. Oh, what is it you ask? Well it comes from Fresh and it is their Full Breakfast: scrambled tofu with grilled spinach, baked beans, home fries, toast & your choice of grilled vegan sausage or tempeh bacon. Gah. I want some now.
3) Not going to lie.. I have this seed bar probably twice a week. It comes from a place called Sliced which is conveniently a five minute walk from my office. There is so much stuff packed into this little bar, I don’t even know where to start. Dried cranberries, hemp seeds, chia seeds, granola, almonds, raisins, pumpkin seeds, etc.
Davida, have you tried this one? And with the coconut water = perfect snack.
4) For my sister’s birthday last weekend we had our second annual Beer Fest. It was lots of fun! We had four teams this year and boy were they competitive. I had to step in on a few occasions. I didn’t have a team this year so I was the referee. I think I had way more fun as the ref than I would if I had been participating. What can I say, I like to be the one in charge.
5) I don’t talk too much about my day job here on GEG.. but I feel like I have to explain why I have been MIA lately. I work crazy hours. Usually 8am-7pm. I love my job but I am pooped this week. Thank goodness I have Monday off for Remembrance Day.
What have you been up to lately?
Big plans for the weekend?