HEY GUYS! This week marks my one year blogiversary! How exciting is that! I have been sharing my recipes and life with you all for a whole year.. wow, seems crazy!
It’s so funny to look back at some of first posts and think about how far I’ve come. At first I had no idea who was reading my blog.. I sometimes thought no one was! And then I discovered there is a whole world of similar minded bloggers out there who I have come to know (some in real life, others online) and I am so grateful for all of your comments and love you give to me and GEG.
My first posts had terrible photography, little content, and mostly ramblings but I am glad I shared them, because it made me a stronger blogger and gave me something to strive for. Blogging isn’t my full time job, it is more of a great hobby for me, so when I see people are actually enjoying my content.. it makes me beam.
Part of me thought that I would start this blogging journey and quit after a few months because I was too busy or lacked ideas.. but what came about was just the opposite. I actually look forward to the time I spend on my blog and although there are many things I want to change about it, I am so happy with my success with it so far.
I love to write and I love to cook so a food blog was always in the back on my mind. After long days at my ‘real job’, nothing is more therapeutic then sitting down at the computer and looking up new recipes, reading other blogs, and thinking about my next post.
So thank you for reading my blog and sharing this experience with me.
In celebration of my one year of blogging, I thought I would go back to some of my favourite (and most popular) posts from throughout the year.
And what would a celebration be without some baked goods?
I made these cookies last night for a family friend who is in the Hospital right now and thought they were good enough to share with you gems.
They are crunchy.. and soft.. and golden. The perfect cookie combo!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature (liquidy)
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a large bowl beat brown sugar, cane sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, corn starch, and vanilla. Beat with hand mixer for about three minutes.
3) In a small bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the wet mixture. Once well combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Roll 1 tbsp of dough into a ball. Flatten on baking tray and repeat with remaining dough. I fit 12 cookies on a large baking tray. They will spread a bit when they bit so don’t put them too close together.
5) Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
6) Let sit on baking tray for one minute and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Have a great weekend!