Well that’s quite the title, isn’t it? I couldn’t help it, everything that makes these tacos so darn tasty NEEDED to get some recognition in the title. And a long title obviously means a delicious and super easy recipe that anyone can make.. right?
These taco’s are the bee’s knees, folks. And they go down pretty smoothly with a nice cold beer.
Roasted seasoned cauliflower, tangy creamy coleslaw, and a refreshing cucumber-pineapple salsa? Umm I’ll take 20.
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m a big sauce person. My mac and ‘cheese’ is usually drenched in ketchup, my tofu nuggets get a whole bowl of dipping sauce, and my tacos get soggy by the end if I don’t eat them fast enough. I love me some saucy food.
But saucy food usually means more calories, more fat, and more sodium.. which isn’t what I am looking for. When I take a break from my sauce craze I like to get the sauciness that I am looking for with natural juice makers.. fruits and veggies!
This cucumber-pineapple salsa is something I have been thinking about making for months… since June actually. I thought it would make the perfect summer salsa, but I just never got around to making it. Well, what better time than US Thanksgiving I guess?
You can double the batch and make this salsa to go with nacho chips (ah-mazing) or mix it into some mashed avocado for a delicious guacamole! Oh the possibilities. Cucumber and pineapple is my new favourite combo.
The salsa is the star of these tacos. I make this coleslaw all the time so it isn’t overly exciting for me. But mixed with this salsa – BAM – kitchen magic.
I hope you guys make these delicious little tacos. Maybe Sunday when you are sick of turkey or just want to spice up your weekend.
Cauliflower Tacos with Tangy Slaw and Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
1) Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with tin foil.
2) Cut cauliflower into small bite sized pieces. Place into a bowl and add olive oil and taco seasoning. Toss to evenly coat all the pieces.
3) Place cauliflower on baking tray and bake for 20 mins. Toss after ten minutes.
4) Remove from oven and set aside.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo (Vegenaise)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
1) In a small bowl whisk vegan mayo, white vinegar, and maple syrup. Add shredded cabbage and toss. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- 1 small english cucumber, diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
1) Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator.
To assemble tacos:
- Roasted cauliflower
- Creamy Slaw
- Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa
- Small whole wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
1) Take a tortilla and add a few pieces of cauliflower, 2 tbsp of slaw, 2 tbsp of salsa, and 2 slices of avocado. Roll up and enjoy!
What is your favourite kind of taco
Do you like to get your sauce on?